Platinum Recruiting has a DIRECT HIRE position available!
We are seeking a highly motivated Quality Manager professional to join our project team in Charleston, SC.
This position is responsible for the evaluation, implementation and management of the project quality assurance and quality control program and performance of daily quality procedures and provide proper coordination and documentation that meet project standards and requirements. The position will work directly with both internal and external team members, to provide document review, coordination, and implementation during construction and commissioning activities.
- Manage and execute the project specific quality program in collaboration with the owner, design team, subcontractor team, and third-party inspectors, to meet the requirements of the contract documents.
- Provide leadership and ownership of the entire Quality Control team
- Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing laboratory protocols and procedures, soils and concrete testing, asphalt paving, structural steel and welding and general construction observations.
- Plan, develop and manage a methodical and detail-oriented quality program to ensure appropriate document management, testing procedures are appropriately executed, and issues are closed in a timely manner to mitigate project risk.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications including identification of errors or redundancies for resolution by others.
- Assist in management of the equipment commissioning effort, ensuring inspection statuses are updated appropriately to support the commissioning schedule.
- Work with preconstruction, field supervision and other teams to ensure the project is set up to support the quality management needs of the program.
- Manage inspections and tests are executed to the requirements of the contract documents.
- Perform oversite of inspections, test, evaluations of different trades for all quality specifications
- Coordinate with third parties, trade partners for inspection paperwork, manage testing reports and train on software tools for best practices and consistency.
- Participate in Trade pre-installation meetings to verify that each Trade has an understanding of the Project’s QA/QC requirements before beginning work on site.
- Monitor construction activities and review materials and equipment delivered to the project for adherence to specifications, manage Engineers on coordinating lists, punch list items, observations and logs.
- Manage company risk and understand all aspects of contract documents.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior employees; seeking opportunities to grow in leadership roles.
- Manage and oversight of follow up requirements as a result of deficiencies noted and documented.
- 10-15 years of office or field construction focused experience on projects similar in nature, size, and extent.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in MS-based software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam, BIM360, Field, SmartSheet, etc.
- Proficient with QA/QC systems, platforms, and technologies that allow for tracking, metrics and reporting.
Please note that we do not sponsor anyone for immigration benefits or immigration status.
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.