The Lab Technician Supervisor will have the responsibility of directing a diverse organization in the discovery, analysis and troubleshooting of our durable products. This will include direct supervision, reporting, process improvement and overall facilities area responsibility. This individual works as an integral member of the product and test operations team to plan and execute the tactical business initiatives. This position also partners closely with mechanical and electrical engineers, regulatory and quality in support of in-depth analysis.
The ideal candidate shall possess experience in small electromechanical home and office appliances. Have the ability to prioritize the team’s work depending on demand, recommend and implement best practices as well as process improvements. Present and report to upper management summarized data in a clear and concise manner. Ability to develop and understand basic data metrics and Pareto charts.The candidate will need technical knowledge of; electronics, basic software operation, mechanical assembly, regulatory, food safety, engineering evaluation, quality metrics, budgeting, and lean process thinking.
The Supervisor will be a member of the Keurig Green Mountain’s Product and Test Engineering Team and be responsible to lead a group of lab technicians with a background in electrical and mechanical disciplines located at the Burlington, Mass site.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Lead a group in the analysis and troubleshooting of small appliances getting to root cause
- Lead process improvements with cross functional teams and understand the SIPOC map
- Demonstrate proven leadership qualities that will foster a creative team work environment
- Identify, develop and maintain comprehensive processes that maintain best practices and efficient workflow
- Champion, coordinate and communicate status with key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Follow all Keurig Green Mountain policies and procedures
- Associates degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
- 5+ years in analysis and troubleshooting of electromechanical products.
- 2+ years directly supervising a team.
- Experience working with engineers, quality, regulatory and customer service organizations.
- Proficient in developing and understanding data and Pareto charts as well as the ability to present and summarize to management.
- Understands the definition of lean and has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Estimates staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Takes initiative to work with other internal departments to identify cross-functional solutions and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced results oriented environment.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple organizations within the company and lead improvement projects.
- Experience working with a team to improve overall operational efficiencies and reduced cost.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Power Point, Visio, Excel, etc. are essential.
- Experience in Statistics and six sigma principles a plus.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.