Immediate need for QA Supervisor in Salem, OR. The QA Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the QA and QC labs and ensuring compliance with all food safety and food quality programs. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Assists QA Manager in different activities and conducting inspections to look for areas of improvement and enforce proper GMP adherence. \t
- Assists QA Manager with all external audits. \t
- Provides leadership and supervision of QA and QC technicians. Tracks daily, weekly and monthly performance goals for QA and QC technicians. Provides formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results. \t
- Audits the procedures of lab personnel and other plant staff to ensure quality standards are being met. Trains employees and ensure food safety and quality parameters are met.
- Reviews and signs daily quality paperwork as completed by technicians, operators and supervisors. \t
- Engages in pre-operational and in-process inspections during the day, communicating and providing technical expertise and support for production and QC. \t
- Maintains and orders laboratory supplies, equipment inventory calibration and repairs. \t
- Must be flexible with work schedule and work weekend and extra hours as needed. \t
- Maintains a proficiency with ERP system including positive release, holding non-conforming product and lot tracking. \t
- Ensures compliance with company quality/food safety system programs. \t
- Provides oversite microbiological, analytical and sensory testing, sales samples, and product returns positive release, raw material incoming inspection, preoperational inspection, internal audits, root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in the field of Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry or closely related field. \t
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in quality systems management in a food manufacturing environment including supervisory responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. \t
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement is a plus.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.