Brief Summary of position:
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining and updating the Supplier Approval, Document Control, Ingredient and Finished Product Specifications Databases.
- Maintains the Supplier Approval Program Documents updated and ensures these documents are in full compliance to Mission Foods Requirements.
- Ensures all the Supplier Documentation is organized and updated
- Maintains the Risk Assessment Database
- Sends the Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR’s) to the Suppliers
- Generates the Suppliers Corrective Actions Monthly Reports
- Generates all the reports to perform the Supplier Annual Evaluation
- Requests for COA needed at the plants from Supplier
- Updates and maintains the raw materials and finished products specifications databases.
- Ensures information contained on the specifications is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Communicates specifications updates to the plants
- Maintains material master lists current in Intelex
- Maintains and updates the Quality System Control Documents in Intelex
- Distributes updated documents to all the users
- Maintains master files in the Quality Assurance Folder
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Technology and 3 years’ of Quality Assurance experience, and 2 years in a food manufacturing environment, preferably a food/beverage facility.
*Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi task and prioritize assigned work.
- Must possess high degree of accuracy in recording data (both words and numbers)
- Must be able to work independently with a proven record of follow-through, teamwork and accountability
- Excellent people skills with the ability to adapt to system changes as needed.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
HR will accept the first 50 applications.Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications.