KIK Personal Care division is a business with sales of ~$1 billion, serving as a manufacturing partner for brand owners and CPG companies in the personal care and home care markets. KPC's contract manufacturing network consists of 8 plants throughout North America. Products and services include the contract manufacture and filling of aerosols and liquids, formulation development and full service prestige beauty product manufacturing. KIK's two manufacturing facilities in Cortland, New York are FDA registered and specialize in producing personal care liquids for the consumer products industry . Cortland is located approximately 40 minutes outside of Syracuse, NY.
The Quality Systems Specialist responsibilities may include investigating, coordinating and responding to consumer complaints; APRs; quality metrics for the management review; assisting with revisions to procedures and forms; assisting with customer and regulatory audits as needed. This position reports to the Quality Systems Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Investigates and responds to customer requested investigations for consumer complaints
- Reviews all documentation for complaint lot.
- Evaluates any returned units for complaint validity.
- Request, coordinate and track any complaint units passed along for further evaluation by the lab, manufacturing or an outside 3rd party.
- Maintains consumer complaint data base.
- Evaluates any returned complaint units.
- Pulls and evaluates retain unit/s from complaint lot to determine validity of complaint. Retains may also be examined to determine if complaint is an isolated incident or a manufacturing concern.
- Boxes up returned consumer complaint units for disposition as agreed upon by the KIK/customer contract.
- Boxes up consumer complaint responses for disposition as agreed upon by the KIK/customer contract, or KIK SOP.
Annual Product Reviews
- Collects data, review and publish Annual Drug Product Review reports per schedule.
- Prepares monthly customer reports.
- Assists with monthly Quality Summary.
- Assists with Internal Investigations.
- Assists with revisions to procedures and forms.
- Be trained and qualified as an internal and external audit team member and participate in routine company audits.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Technical writing experience a +
- Prior experience using MS Office Suite
- Prior experience with JDE or equivalent ERP systems a plus
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to seeking diversity in its workforce by attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, ethnic or national origin, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other status protected by law.