One Great Future
In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring process.
Develops, implements and supports the operating plant’s Quality Systems and Process Improvement projects to enable and assure production of a high quality product at a value that meets or exceeds our customer’s requirements. Provides all aspects of leadership to the Quality Manager and site QA techs as applicable.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment
- Performs all elements of supervision over direct reports – performance reviews, hiring, salary administration, training, recognition, discipline, etc.
- Directs activities and priorities of Process Engineers, and the Quality Department.
- Identifies, develops and implements plans for cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general process improvement.
- Ensures compliance and monitors resources for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the plant Food Defense and Product Safety systems.
- Assists in Product Development by applying working knowledge of manufacturing capabilities to ensure design control and scale-up protocol is met at onset of any new project initiation.
- Site administrator of all incoming orders, specs, waivers, and Projects in Bemis Commercialization System. Administers the product specification system from the creation of new specs in conjunction with Sales and R&D to requesting revisions and / or deviations as required to optimize performance.
- Supervises internal validations and Design of Experiments to determine key process variables for the manufacturing processes.
- Carries out the necessary actions/steps to ensure new products conform to the Customers manufacturing and quality needs, and that it falls within our manufacturing process capabilities.
- Maintains overall Quality system/department in the facility by assuring current procedures and practices are appropriate to comply with customer requirements and specifications. Responsible for incoming verification of purchased products, in process inspection and final review of all products.
- Demonstrates a proactive awareness of, and adherence to, all suitable and relevant Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between Sales, R&D, Manufacturing, and customers when necessary, in regards to quality expectations, performance at the customer’s facility, and manufacturing process capabilities to ensure all parties are kept well informed and regularly updated.
- Manages the Corrective Action system by assisting Supply Chain, Customer Service, Customer Focused Quality, and the manufacturing groups in the resolution of quality concerns and complaints.
- Reviews and monitors the organization’s documentation, policies and procedures to insure they are accurate and up- to-date for the facility.
- Facilitates and enforces all of the company policies and procedures as they are outlined and defined.
- Facilitate deployment and integrate the philosophy of WCOM initiatives into the culture of the Plant.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Results Orientation / Delivers on Plan – Highest
- Team Leadership - High
- Develops Organizational Capability – High
- Drives High Performance Culture– High
- Customer Focus – High
- Facility Business Acumen/Market Knowledge – Medium
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – Medium
- Collaboration and Best Practice Leadership – Medium
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement, Six Sigma, product and process qualification and validation, Process Control and Monitoring.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and execute projects.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, SAP
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- A Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant manufacturing experience
- 3 years experience or involvement in Technical and Quality Management
- 1 year previous supervisory experience
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enabler the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.