Conducts activities on the assembly floor and quality lab to assure continual quality improvement. Provides support to manufacturing and engineering to assure a quality product is being shipped to the customer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Observes, audits, inspects, tests and analyzes raw components, full assemblies and processes to continually improve quality performance.
- Implements corrective action related to industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Inspects non-conforming material to determine failure modes to ensure accurate disposition.
- Completes reports and documentation on audits, non-conforming material and quality related issues.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Performs corrective action activities through all eight steps.
- Performs test processes such as cleanliness testing, CMM measurement, the control and use of gauging, surface finish and hardness testing.