Location: Hattiesburg, MS Opportunity The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks relating to the quality of manufactured components and manufacturing processes including quality-related problems with incoming material, in process production, finished product, process gauging, and process control.
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks relating to the quality of manufactured components and manufacturing processes including quality-related problems with incoming material, in process production, finished product, process gauging, and process control.
1. Inspect parts using metrology lab equipment as required by manufacturing processes. Preferred
2. Perform containment activities and provide guidance to Quality Inspectors and Set-ups for performing containment of non-conformances.
3. Determine root cause and assist in implementation of corrective actions for existing and potential quality issues.
4. Gather and analyze data for new process equipment qualification, torque studies, capability studies, etc.
5. Assist production technicians in engine repair and diagnosis for production test, customer audit, and Reliability.
7. Provide daily report for quality issues.
8. Participate in projects as assigned by management team.
9. Prepare report summaries for management review.
10. Participate in activities to support Operation Certification.
11. Maintain/initiate improvements to the Quality System in accordance with the ISO 9000 standards
12. Become an active ISO 9000 Internal auditor.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to Quality Engineer
1. Design Engineering
2. Manufacturing Engineering
External Business Relationships
1. Occasional contact with vendors in regards to gauging or material issues
2. Occasional contact with customers in regards to quality issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
-High school diploma or equivalent and one year of quality assurance experience
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
-Technical knowledge of engine function and assembly operations
-Associate’s Degree in any major
-3-5 years of quality assurance experience or a combination of experience in quality inspection, manufacturing processes or related functions.
1. Inspect parts using metrology lab equipment as required by manufacturing processes.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.