At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
This position is responsible for auditing products made and working with machine operators to manufacture good quality products that meet customer specifications.
REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audit current quality processes and work on process improvements.
- Development and Validation of measurement systems to ensure accuracy of test equipment. Use check weights and standards to verify instruments remain accurate. Record instrument checks on control charts. Report when out of control levels are reached.
- Record, summarize and report data of audit results. Enter data into spreadsheets. Summarize weekly, monthly and annual results to provide data to Quality and Shift Managers.
- Responsible for conducting raw material testing to ensure material meets specifications.
- Audit bags being run, making sure hourly samples are taken in order to inspect quality and catch any defects and unnecessary waste.
- Coordinate production and collection of customer samples and provide Quality Manager with necessary data on those samples.
- Lead teams in process improvement using DMAIC methodology.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Hazard Analysis & Critical Control (HACCP) program to ensure the finished product is safe.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management, including food safety.
PRINCIPAL CONTACTS INSIDE/OUTSIDE COMPANY:
Regular contact with production employees. Occasional contact with other supervisors and managers.
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree in related field a plus
- 2-3 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- ISO 9000 or a statistical background a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective listening, speaking & writing ability in person and on the phone.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and quality instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and records.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, using good grammar and professional style.
- Self managing with organization and time management skills.
- Must have good eyesight (no colorblindness) in order to spot flaws in color comparison, print set-up, etc. as bags or film come off the production line.
- Ability to successfully interact with all employees at every level of the plant.
- Must be able to organize work and maintain accurate records.
- Have the ability to work any shift.
*Direct supervision: employees report to position
**Indirect: employee’s supervisor reports to position
***Functional: supervises performance of particular position, but does not
hold complete supervisory authority.
This position is required to make decisions about quality being produced on lines. If flaws are discovered, should draw them to the attention of the Quality Manager, Shift Supervisor or Department Manager. Should keep management informed of all quality issues.
ERRORS AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES:
Errors can result in flawed bags, poor quality print, packaging problems, etc. which may lead to loss of productivity or loss of business. Poor quality products and result in customer complaints which may lead to loss of business.
Xrite spectrophotometer, tear tester, calipers, scales and tensile tester.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50lbs.
- Ability to move light to moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to visually receive and differentiate colors.
- Ability to understand written and printed material.
- Ability to understand verbal information.
- Ability to actively exchange ideas/thoughts with others.
- Ability to detect, recognize and judge differences or changes in print and color.
- Ability to work under conditions such as heat, cold, and have mobility to grasp small objects and do repetitive bending, pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulders, kneeling and twisting.
- Ability to stand and or sit for 8 hours.
- Ability to handle tools or equipment.
- Ability to work under tight schedules in high pressure situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com