Van Leeuwen Ice Cream is hiring full-time QSR General Managers for their Manhattan and Brooklyn stores. This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced individual to work closely with the founding team of Van Leeuwen Ice Cream as they embark on their next stage of accelerated growth. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience operating food retail spaces (multi-unit or high volume single-unit), loves building and leading teams, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment (and loves ice cream!).
The QSR General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of their assigned store(s). This includes managing people operations, sales, inventory, and the guest service experience.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning stations for employees.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, disciplining, and terminating employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring sales targets, maintaining budgets, and properly forecasting labor.
- Upholds excellent standard of customer service.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by communicating with vendors; maintaining inventories.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for customers and employees.
- Rolls out new menu items to team members and communicates these changes throughout the retail space.
- Processes weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and submit all employee forms.
- Orders and maintains uniform supply and successfully holds all employees to uniform standard.
- Addresses all maintenance issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Food handlers license required
- 2+ years of experience in a food retail management role preferred
- Prior experience managing a team required
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules