Join the team and become a driving force in our growth. The bookkeeper position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive system of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Located in Iowa City, IA 52240. Corporate-Level, Executive Suite.
This is a full-time corporate suite position, working closely with the executives of MCI brands.
The bookkeeper is a critical component to the company's success and financial health. A bookkeeper can be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting analyzing and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Develop monthly financial statement, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Process accounts receiveable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, initiating direct deposit and verifying finished product
- Secures financial information by maintaining strict confidentiality
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
The ideal candidate for this role would share and understand the high growth objectives of Mass Markets. Demonstrated ability in a bookkeeper role a must. The right candidate will exhibit good business judgment and acumen and be both confident and flexible in their views. This position will require the ability to work with multiple business units to acquire operational knowledge and execute on departmental initiatives. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Specialize in QuickBooks accounting
- 3-5+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience required
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects
- Detail-oriented, excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, organized, able to prioritize and work independently
- Experience building successful working relationships with C-level executives
- Prior knowledge and experience of QuickBooks and ADP
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screening
At Mass Markets we believe that hard work should pay off, so we make sure that our compensation and rewards are exceptional. Our people are not just employees; they are our teammates, our most important resource! Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance, so our employees make more each year.
Employees earn generous paid time off as well as paid holiday’s and paid training opportunities.
All employees are eligible for MEC medical plans after 30 days and group medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days. Optional Roth IRA retirement accounts, Term Life Insurance and Whole Life Insurance plans are available to all employees each open enrollment period.
Mass Markets, an MCI Company, is a world leader in advanced, tech-enabled B2B, B2C and H2H contact center telesales, customer care and digital services. With a culture built on customer experience, we are committed to excellent customer interactions that create value for our clients. Since 2003, Mass Markets has delivered innovative, high-impact, agile, scalable, and compliant business process outsourcing services with superior quality and performance. People-powered and tech-enabled, we SAVE, SELL and SERVICE across the customer life-cycle; we SOLVE complex people, process, and technology challenges.
Mass Markets is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Mass Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
MCI is the Parent Company for the following businesses: Gravis Apps, Mass Markets, and OnBrand24. MCI acquires and operates companies that provide tech-enabled BPO CX services, software applications, and technology to mid-market & enterprise customers. MCI is a multi-faceted tech-enabled business services supplier with a synergetic product and services portfolio and an expert leadership team. Our focus is on the development and delivery of dynamic technology, human capital, and professional services.
For more information visit www.massmarkets.com