|WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING|
You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That’s OK. We’re focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
|The Company and the Role: |
This opportunity is perfect for someone who is interested in a career with a leader in the Building Materials Industry. As an intern in the Asphalt and Quality Control Department, you will have the opportunity to learn about a stable industry as you work within an established, tenured and knowledgeable team. This is a unique opportunity for you to begin your career with a proven leader in the aggregate, ready mix concrete, hot mix asphalt, and construction materials industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
What you’ll get to do:
Who we are looking for:
- Assist in ordering asphalt oil for the asphalt plants
- Assist in maintaining our KPI database
- Sample Aggregate Production and Shipped Materials
- Monitor and test incoming aggregate shipments to the Sunol and Berkeley plants (weekly/monthly).
- Provide Field Supervision and Monitoring of on-going projects as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental legislation, regulations, and company policies and procedures. Report any unsafe condition, accidents or incidents to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Will be required to work some Saturdays, Nights / Early Mornings.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or recent graduate.
- Strong ability in performing mathematical calculations.
- Proficient with computer and software databases, primarily MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Experience in resolving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions relating to job duties
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Check out the Internships page on our careers site to learn more about the Lehigh Hanson experience!