PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Description of major duties and responsibilities of the role.
* Assist Development Engineers and Technicians in process development.
* Responsible for completing complex catheter assemblies (such as steerable catheters, balloon catheters, multi-lumen catheters and microcatheters).
* Assemble prototypes with excellent quality, speed and efficiency, with limited supervision.
* Effectively perform operations including braid bonding, coil wrapping, skiving, reflow, tip trimming, roll cutting, rework, and deflashing.
* Perform in-process inspection of parts using laser micrometer, rulers, calipers, gauge pins.
* Train production operators and team members on manufacturing processes.
* Understand and complete paperwork (Job Travelers, Inventory Copies, Training Records, Set-up forms) legibly and enter accurately into the database.
* Follow SOPs and good documentation practices in a controlled environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
This position requires direct contact with an implantable device
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum level of education/experience required.
* High School Education/GED
* 3 years in Medical Device assembly experience
* Good verbal and written communication skills in English
* Skilled in basic mathematics and tolerance reading
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with a quality and safety driven environment
* High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask
* Self-driven and self-starting individual
* Ability to work some overtime, as required
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Additional preferred or required qualifications.
* Basic computer skills (email, Word and Excel)
* Use and set-up of Microscopes and other equipment required to perform assigned jobs.
* The ability to accurately follow a variety of instructions (verbal, written, diagram or engineering print) in English.
* Experience with using a microscope, laser micrometer and other inspection equipment is required.
* Basic process trouble-shooting skills and knowledge.
* Ability to train and give direction to other assemblers.
* This position requires the employee to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift or move up to 20 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distance vision, color vision and the ability to correctly use a microscope.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled