- Conducts chemical and physical lab analyses to determine the composition and properties of foods and beverages, raw materials or ingredients, and packaging materials for research or quality assurance programs within this consumer products' company.
- Assists in the processing of samples to a condition ready for analysis. Records and reports data in LIMS system.
- Provides support to chemist in analytical sciences and executes predefined analytical protocols in a research setting. Tasks will include sample preparation, instrument operation, sample analysis, and data collection.
- Work in a group and closely with the scientist responsible for the assigned analytical techniques.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry; 1-2 years (or more) experience in a research and/or laboratory setting preferred but not essential.
- Experience with chromatography, especially GC-MS, is a plus.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques (i.e. weighing samples, pipetting, preparing solutions, etc.) and basic lab safety practices.
- Must be very familiar with and understand, follow, and execute all GLP and lab safety practices.
- Must understand and follow safe handling of hazardous chemicals and have an appreciation of the normal hazards associated with laboratory work.
- Knowledgeable in multiple analytical techniques, including HPLC, and wet chemistry methods.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including efficient data recording into an electronic lab notebook.
- Physical requirement - ability to work in a lab environment on feet.
- Is a quick learner, flexible and able to multi-task dependent on the types of work that the department supports at the time.
- Must keep neat, orderly, and complete records; be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, and be able to prepare graphs and tables using appropriate computer software
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Sanka at 646-856-8903 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/