Requisition Id : 116462
Additional Work Location(s) :
The Financial Controller is responsible for planning, reporting, and controlling the Americas & Asia Pacific (AAP) engineering spend. Overriding responsibilities include controlling gross engineering spend, and driving engineering reimbursements and capitalization. The position reports to the Senior Director of Controlling, Car Audio Division, AAP, and entails significant interaction with the Senior Director of Product Development, the office of Program Management, the Customer Business Units, and overseas colleagues.
This position will have 2 direct reports
- Lead all budgeting, planning, forecasting, and controlling of engineering spend
- Variance reporting on engineering spend versus forecast, budget, and prior year
- Support the roll out and implementation of the Rolling Capacity Planning process
- Identification of cost saving measures to drive gross engineering spend lower as a percent of sales on a year-over-year basis
- Optimize spend on external engineering service providers
- Working with Program Management to ensure budgets are correctly set and achieved on a project-by-project basis
- Drive customer reimbursements by identifying non-reimbursed spend and working with the CBUs to ensure customer agreements / purchase orders for development
- Drive process for customer change request quotes, cost tracking, and invoicing
- Ensure accurate capture and reporting of engineering efforts by customer program
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for all areas related to engineering spend
- Drive process/procedural improvement for all impacted areas within the Engineering finance function
- Support/Cross train with other financial functions to optimize the team efficiency and personal growth
- Bachelors degreed required in Finance or Accounting, Masters/MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience required
- Automotive industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Project management skills
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)