* Our Client, a consumer products company, is in need of a scientist (B.S. in science minimum) to fill a contractor position for a Non-GMO Technical Resource. The position is for 12 months and may offer the opportunity to become permanent.
* The primary purpose of the role is to coordinate of the gathering, reviewing, evaluating and uploading of all required information to submit and verify products through the Non-GMO Project Verification.
* Function as a contact with Non-GMO Technical Administrator providing review across all the brands and formulas that are Non-GMO Project Verified and adequately responding to journals for timely verification of products as well as ongoing compliance to maintain verified status.
* Support the obtaining, assembling, and reviewing information from multiple functional resources and responding to Database journals from the NGP Evaluator in a timely manner.
* Maintaining Non-GMO documents within document database system.
* Data contact with 3rd Party Certifying Body which will include gathering all required data/documents, populating required forms/applications, monitoring posted journals and timely response on any required documents.
* Gain and provide Non-GMO expertise and guidance to all functional lead roles to address issues identified by the certifying body.
* Collaboratively work with external Suppliers to educate them on the Non-GMO Program on an ongoing basis to remain current and compliant to the program.
* Assist in the development of all Non-GMO Project Standard training program and provide Non-GMO Internal training annually or as needed when new revisions are made.
* Develop the capability to become the key point of contact to the 3rd Party Non-GMO Verifying body responsible for gathering, evaluating and verifying products with a Non-GMO claim.
* Assist in the editing, formatting, reviewing, revising/updating, and proofreading documents (i.e. Ingredient Statements)/labels to be submitted to 3rd Party Certifying body for Non-GMO Project Standard prior to submission.
* Assist in the communication, education, and influencing of Suppliers to provide adequate information to comply with the program.
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific field (i.e. food science, microbiology, toxicology, chemistry, biology) or food engineering
* Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
* Must have: Ability to learn and adapt to computer-based documentation systems and work processes.
* Attention to detail and follow-up, with good organization skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently individually as well as when part of a team.
* High integrity, with personal commitment to corporate and community values.
* Familiarity and comfort with working across varied and diverse cultures.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Sanka at 646-856-8903 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 4 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/