Thank you for your interest in Sonoco! If you are a more experienced professional, please see our Corporate Careers page for positions that would be most suitable for you. We look forward to receiving your application.
The Sonoco Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to help you develop leadership skills, gain technical knowledge, establish strong business skills and understand Sonoco’s culture and processes. The program is a blend of hands-on experiences and opportunities. Throughout the program you can expect to gain a better understanding of your leadership style and contribute to Sonoco through valuable project work.
The R&D Engineer will be a part of our Global Consumer Technology team, and rotate through 3 of our consumer packaging groups over an 18-24 month period.
Your time spent in the ELP will cover specific core objectives as follows (but not limited to):
• Technical Skills Training - Safety, Quality, Scheduling, Customer satisfaction
• Leadership Training – Supervisory skills, Performance Management, Mentorship
• Business Insights - Accountability, Execution, Risk Taking, Budgeting
• Culture Integration – including Communication, Collaboration and Innovation
We want employees who can help us live our purpose each and every day. Our core belief is the People Build Businesses, by ‘Doing the Right Thing’. To become a member of the ELP you must have strong ethics, a passion for innovation, and be willing to go the extra mile.
We look for students who:
- Have or will obtain a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, or Science Technology by December 2018 or May 2019
- Previous internship experience (preferably in Manufacturing or functional area)
- Proven leadership experience
- Technical aptitude
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
This position is based at our Global HQ in Hartsville, SC at our Innovative Packaging Solutions Studio. https://www.sonoco.com/ips-studio/ and is close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC).
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.