Triton Systems Inc. (http://www.tritonsystems.com) is a rapidly growing applied R&D and product development firm in the Greater Boston area. We invest in new technologies through in-house and external partnership, transforming innovative technologies into successful business ventures. Triton has a strong track-record of translating technologies from the laboratory to the marketplace. Triton portfolio companies have received over $200 Million in private venture financing. Spin-off Aduro Biotech had a highly successful IPO on NASDAQ in April 2015, and has a current market value of over $700 Million.
Triton Systems Inc is seeking an R&D leader for our anti-submarine warfare (ASW) business area with an interest in creating exciting new technologies. Our projects involve sonobuoys, towed arrays, subsea electronics and sensors, seabed systems, submarine systems, fiber optics, ocean acoustics, and subsea energy harvesting.
- Conceive and prosecute new technology ideas stemming from ongoing projects, past work, or the blue sky, particularly in the ASW business area
- Provide project leadership and technical direction to R&D efforts, particularly in the ASW business area. Serve both as an individual contributor and lead a project team, including subcontractors
- Relentlessly pursue project transition and product opportunities by understanding customer needs and competitive landscape, building stakeholder relationships, developing a transition roadmap, and aligning technical program to the immediate next milestones.
- Develop and communicate (in written form and orally) a compelling narrative for technical project progress or proposed work.
Desired qualifications would include some of the following:
- Department of Defense and/or US Navy R&D systems engineering or project management leadership experience
- Experience with anti-submarine warfare (ASW) or undersea warfare (USW) missions and related technologies
- Experience with sonar array design, projector/transducer/hydrophone design, beam forming and advanced signal processing techniques
- Experience with hydrodynamics, guidance, navigation, and control techniques particularly for subsea systems
- Experience with design and integration of unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV or AUV) and payloads.
- Experience building and fielding ASW sensors and technologies.
- B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Ocean Engineering or related engineering field required. Advanced degree is a significant plus.
- 5 years R&D experience
Due to the nature of our business and information associated with this position, interested candidates must be US Citizens and may be subject to a security investigation.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. We are looking for individuals with confidence and the right stuff. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Triton Systems is a U. S. Government contractor, therefore we are required to gather applicant information for Government reporting purposes.
Triton Systems, Inc. Headquarters is located at 200 Turnpike Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824.
We are an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/VEEO. We strongly encourage qualified women and minorities to apply.
To apply, please follow the link on our careers page at: http://www.tritonsystems.com/