Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a R&I Project Manager to join our team at our client s site in San Mateo, CA.
In this challenging role as Research and Innovation Project Manager we are looking for a candidate to lead local team members as they contribute to local and global projects in driving assistance research around new advanced driver assistance and automated driving projects. The R&I Project Manager must interface with colleagues around the world, including global project managers, customers, and the local team to align project objectives, budget, timing, and status reporting in line with project goals. This is also a very hands-on position where the R&I Project Manager is expected to step in and take on a variety of tasks to help complete projects with the team beyond traditional project management and should be someone who is not afraid of new challenges and enjoys working on a variety of tasks. This position is also responsible for planning and coordinating our local contribution to trade shows where we show our projects and the execution of our automated vehicle testing permit activity. Finally, there is an element of tech scouting where the Project Manager will meet with companies to evaluate their technical offerings and provide this insight to teams within our company to look for collaboration potential.
The proper candidate is someone who is very self-motivated, creative, likes to find solutions to problems, can work with a variety of cultures and has experience in working with overseas team members. Knowledge of advanced driver assistance systems or automated driving systems, sensors, and functions are of high importance as this is the foundation of our work. The candidate will have experience in the auto industry, can multitask well, and is able to motivate others to achieve their goals.
- Overall responsibility of the successful management of the local projects related to advanced driver assistance and automated driving vehicle projects and other customer activities as needed.
- Creates new project proposals including cost, timing, and resource needs for review with management
- Manages projects, ensuring they meet timing and budget goals while regularly reporting their status to management and related global project managers as needed
- Plans local activities with local system and software engineers on various assigned projects, follows up with issue tracking and reviewing status
- Identifies risks and provides solutions to mitigate the risks
- Defines resources needed to complete scoped work packages
- Represents overall project to local customers as a point of contact
- Follows up customer requests with overall project team members
- Management of the automated vehicle testing permit for the company with DMV
- Tech scouting, meeting local startups and documenting interactions, presentation of findings to startup community in company
- Deputy department manager in times of absence of DAR Engineering Manager
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities