This is a technical Engineer consultative role primarily focusing on DC and routing and switching technologies.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives towards long-range goals and objectives.
- Typically reports to Sr Mgr, goals set by overall Manager with assistance of group Director.
- Provides business & technical consulting expertise to customers & internal resources.
- Anticipates issues/challenges associated with area of DC expertise
- Recognized as an effective communications presenter in both verbal and media based formats.
Skills & Behaviors
- Excellent consulting and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of all chosen current technologies and good understanding of emerging technologies.
- Solid background in DC and R/S technologies
- Hands on experience with Nexus 2K-9K models and switches
- Overall strong background working with Cisco products
- Understanding around MPLS (able to speak to design)
- Strong background around WAN
Secondary Skills (preferred)
- Unified Communications (UC)
- Any certifications are nice to have
- Previous experience within State, Local & Education industry
Education & Experience:
- Typically BS, CS, University degree or equivalent
- 8+ years with DC and R/S technologies
- Must be local to Sacramento and report onsite to client 2-3 times a week (or as needed)