Job Req ID: 191206
Position Number: 00146055
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Rotating Days - 12 hour shifts
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: NSG - Float Pool
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Floating position to 2-5 regions
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Performs radiological tests and laboratory procedures for the providers at all assigned CHS locations in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Performs all radiological exams, as requested by the provider for which competency has been verified by a qualified supervisor or designee.
- Performs and documents established quality control procedures on all radiographs, equipment and chemicals, etc. Evaluates the results of the quality control.
- Performs preventative maintenance on radiological processing equipment at designated intervals as described in the equipment manuals.
- Prepares images for transport to off-site radiologist for over-reading. Follows proper procedures when images are given back to practice for physician review.
- Performs procedures in all sections of the laboratory, including specimen collection, for which competency has been verified by a qualified supervisor or designee.
- Maintains records of procedure performance, patient results and quality control in the laboratory section. Follows defined protocol for investigating out of control runs, and implements necessary remedial action.
- Reviews relevant laboratory reports for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the patientï¿½s medical record, including reports on procedures processed in reference laboratories.
- Inspects equipment daily and documents needed repairs.
- Performs minor troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment as needed.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies and follows company policy on ordering supplies.
- Utilizes standard precautions, complies with and assist in updating CHS policies; Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards; Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations; and The Joint Commission (TJC), Division of Facility Services (DFS), and other regulatory agency standards as applicable to the practice.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touching and finger dexterity. May occasionally have low exposure to radiation and possible exposure to communicable disease.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Satisfactory completion of formal radiology, laboratory or medical technology program. Registered by AART, or certified as an MT or MLT. Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with patients and coworkers. Must speak, read, and write basic English fluently. Ability to perform as a team player.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer