As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
University of Minnesota Physicians (UMPhysicians) has an opening for a Radiation Oncologist. As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
- The primary work location is University of Minnesota Health (MHealth) Maple Grove Medical Clinics, located in the growing community of Maple Grove, MN. MHealth Maple Grove Clinic is an expanding multi-specialty clinic and comprehensive cancer center providing full-time oncology services including 2 medical oncologists, an infusion center, and onsite medical physics and dosimetry services.
- These positions provide backup coverage at UMPhysicians Radiation Therapy Center located on the campus of Fairview Lakes Hospital in Wyoming, MN. This location offers comprehensive cancer care similar to MHealth Maple Grove Clinics, and the two sites are connected electronically for seamless workflow and patient record access.
- Both locations provide medical resident teaching opportunities as residents rotate to both locations throughout their training.
- 2-year market competitive salary guarantee with ability to exceed on production compensation program (Modified by recruiter for appropriate posting)
- Sign-on bonus (if applicable)
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and Radiation Oncology fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Radiation Radiation Oncology Board
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
- Applicants must have the ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis – St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
UMPhysicians offerscompetitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.