Job Req ID: 475741
Position Number: 00135830
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 1st shift, 8-4:30
Standard Hours: 30.00
Department Name: Radiation Therapy
Location: Atrium Health University City
Location Details: Will be required to float to other facilities
Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Responsible for the optimum planning and treatment of the radiation therapy patient with ionizing radiation in accordance with the written directive of the Radiation Oncologist, and under the direct supervision of the Assistant Technical Director.
- Treats patients with ionizing radiation in adherence to all regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors all equipment parameters, documents equipment malfunctions and understands all emergency and safety procedures of all equipment.
- Maintains accurate medical records and treatment schedules.
- Assists with the clinical instruction of Radiation Therapy Students.
- Inputs treatment and simulation charges information into Varis.
- Documents patient treatment chart.
- Understands emergency and fault procedures for linear accelerators and simulators.
- Recognizes and reports patient concerns and physical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates instructions and procedures to patients and their families.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness in the clinic.
This position requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly and make decisions to changes on the unit.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Therapeutic Radiology or international equivalent. ARRT registered or registry eligible, must pass registry in the first 90 days of employment. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer