Organization: Adventist Health White Memorial
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Job Posting: Dec 24, 2020, 4:12:11 AM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Radiation Therapist (Outpatient) (PD) who:
Administers ionizing irradiation to patients in accordance with prescriptions and instructions from department physicians.
- Delivers the prescribed course of radiation therapy by checking prescription, diagnosis chart, and patient identification. Explains procedures to patient, means of communication during treatment, and basic treatment procedure. Delivers prescribed daily dose to patient, observing radiation safety measures for patient and personnel.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient according to prescription or simulation regarding immobilization devices, etc., transfers patient to treatment couch, giving attention to the special needs of the patient.
- Observes patients for unusual reactions and for signs and symptoms of developing complications during treatment, reporting reactions and complications to supervisor and department physicianMaintains a variety of records, including, records of daily treatment; maintains and regularly reviews patient charts to eliminate errors and to ensure that blood counts and special reports are properly recorded.
- Provides clinical supervision and evaluates students' practical ability to perform procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in radiological technology or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Preferred
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Experience in radiologic technology: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and Certification of Radiologic Technologist (CRT): Required
- Fluoroscopy Permit from the state of practice, Department of Health Services: Preferred