At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Performs specific technical duties of a radiation therapist and provide assistance for the proper functioning of the department.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center.It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values.The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center�s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.The employee will also be expected to support all organizational expectations including, but not limited to: Customer Service, Patient�s Rights, Confidentiality of Information, Environment of Care and MemorialCare initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Utilizes all electronic systems effectively and appropriately.
- Assists with clerical duties.
- Demonstrates the required technical knowledge to perform quality imaging for all diagnostic exams and procedures while providing quality patient care and safety.
- Performs quality imaging appropriate to patients of all ages and conditions.
- Assures appropriate patient identification is performed and indication and history for exam is documented.
- Ensures patient and family education is accomplished as appropriate and according to department policies.
- Arrives at work on time and in assigned work station.
- Follows corporate, hospital, department, state and federal regulations, policies, procedures and directives
- Interacts in a positive and constructive manner with everyone
- Can prioritize and multitask
- Minimum one year acute care experience or equivalent
- Current CRT license in the State of California
- Current ARRT license, Radiation Therapy
- Current fluoroscopy license in California, preferred
- Current American Heart Association BCLS certificate