The Woodlands Hospital
A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women’s services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children’s Hospital.
Position Summary: Radiation Therapist PRN Days
Operates radiation therapy equipment in order to simulate and/or treat patients for malignancies. Completes required documentation in medical records, completes charge procedures and Performs quality assurance checks to verify accuracy of all procedures performed.
1. Performs patient’s simulations under direction of physician, which includes patient alignment, portal marking and chart documentation
2. Supply data for and assist in fabrication and/or designs patient immobilization and treatment devices, such as vaculocks, bolus and aquaplast masks
3. Assists in dosimetry procedures, including obtaining patient parameters.
4. Educates patients regarding simulation, treatment procedures and possible reactions (as directed by physician/nurse)
5. Observes patient for treatment reactions and reports reactions to physician/nurse
6. Assists in emergency procedures as necessary
7. Delivers a prescribed planned course of radiation therapy, which includes review of prescription, diagnosis, medical record and patient identification. In addition, Prepares room and equipment for patient treatments including set-up of immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, shielding devices, etc.
8. Monitors patient and equipment during treatment and/or simulation reporting any unusual circumstances, such as patient movement, equipment malfunction, etc.
9. Completes daily quality checks on treatment and simulator equipment.
Maintains accurate documentation of quality checks. Documents and reports all variances and Initiates proper follow-up
10. Coordinates patient simulator/treatment schedules
11. Records accurate daily patient billing
12. Participates in the clinical education of radiation therapy students
13. Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiation Therapy
Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Licensed by Texas Medical Board as a Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT)
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of simulation and radiation therapy equipment