We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Design, develop, modify and evaluate electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems; determine design approaches and parameters; analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results; selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability; review vendor capability to support product development; works on complex scope of project.
- Design electrical circuits, components and integrated microwave assemblies including computer/mathematical modeling, part, material and process selection and mechanical layout and packaging; perform technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications and generate cost/technical proposals.
- Perform routine specification analysis and component design including creation of drawing package, using Cobham standard design practices and produce prototype hardware consistent with Cobham manufacturing produce-ability requirements; perform routine specification analysis for new product specifications collaborating with senior management.
- Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing produce-ability requirements; write test procedures and/or software.
- Mentor less experiencedd level engineers and actively participate in their development to Responsible Engineers; guide technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype circuits and components
- Partner with the organization in the scheduling of development projects, including process development, fixture design and implementation, material procurement and customer interface (design reviews); evaluate customer and support proposal generation.
- Perform and coordinate production engineering support function such as fixtures, materials, design, process problem evaluation and solution.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Eight (8) years of related experience in design and development of broadband integrated RF/Microwave assemblies, including the testing and measurement of components and integrated devices with knowledge of tuning, troubleshooting and modeling design circuitry; working knowledge of measuring and understanding parameter, including but not limited to S-parameters, power measurement, noise figure, intercept point, compression point, switching speed, spurious and phase noise
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or related field, including electromagnetism course and labs, required
- Ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs such CAD or CAE
- Mastery of AutoCAD and microwave Office SW products
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.