Under the direction of a Workflow Coordinator, Manager/Supervisor and or Team Leader, performs or assists in radiographic procedures at a level that does not require direct supervision over technical detail.Performs and assists in a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, good knowledge of anatomy, positioning and a thorough technical knowledge of equipment. Assumes responsibility for a designated area or procedure as may be required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) National Board, and have a State of to practice Radiographic technical procedures.
- On an on-going basis the incumbent must obtain the mandatory number of continued educational units (CEU's) needed to maintain the currency of state licensure.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire and maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in this role.
- Must have at least five (5) years radiology experience, two (2) years of experience within ECHN is desirable but not required.
- Must be fully knowledgeable and capable of performing independently in at least two modalities.
- Must have a complete working knowledge in the principals of physics, anatomy, medical terminology, sterile technique and radiation protection as it relates to Radiology practice.
- Radiologic Technologists must meet the ECHN age specific knowledge/skill requirement, annually complete ECHN's mandatory education program
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write using the English language.
- Bilingual capabilities in Spanish are desirable, but not required.
- The incumbent needs advanced math skills in physics in order to understand and set the level of radiologic exposure to the patient and themselves for the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: