The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic radiology procedures in a variety of clinical settings. In this role, the Radiologic Technologist positions patients and adjusts equipment for proper exposure and for digital image processing. The Radiologic Technologist records pertinent information pertaining to the production of the radiograph/scan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Performs imaging procedures of diagnostically acceptable quality to fulfill guidelines of department protocol
- Assists with training of Radiologic Technology students and new Radiologic Technology personnel to provide quality education, instruction, and orientation to the Radiology Department.
- Utilizes Radiology Information Systems and related interfaces as appropriate for job responsibilities to contribute to integration and success of automated patient care goals.
- Participates in patient flow process to ensure that patients are seen in a timely and medically efficient manner.
- Maintains accurate record-keeping and clerical duties required for each exam to conform with requirements and accurate billing procedures.
- 2 + years experience as a full time Radiologic Technologist student in CAHEA (JRCERT and AMA) approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Graduate of CAHEA (JRCERT and AMA) approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Current licensure required for specific area of expertise (CRT, Fluoroscopy, Mammography).
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) certification is required.