At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for performing technical duties utilizing radiologic imaging equipment and supplies to obtain satisfactory imaging for exams and procedures performed on patients of all ages. The Radiologic Technologic is also responsible for performing clerical duties specific to all areas of the Imaging Services Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Utilizes all electronic systems effectively and appropriately.
- Assists with clerical duties.
- Demonstrates the required technical knowledge to perform quality imaging for all diagnostic exams and procedures while providing quality patient care and safety.
- Performs quality imaging appropriate to patients of all ages and conditions.
- Assures appropriate patient identification is performed and indication and history for exam is documented.
- Ensures patient and family education is accomplished as appropriate and according to department policies.
- Arrives at work on time and in assigned work station.
- Follows corporate, hospital, department, state and federal regulations, policies, procedures and directives
- Interacts in a positive and constructive manner with everyone
- Can prioritize and multitask
- Minimum of one-year acute care hospital experience or equivalent.
- Current CRT license for the State of California required
- Current ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification required
- California Fluoroscopy permit required within 3 months of hire date
- Current American Heart Association BLS card required