Job Number: 233553
Job Category: Radiology Technologist
Providence is calling a Radiologic Technologist (Prov Orthopedics North, Day Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This role will work Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays between 8:00 and 5:00PM
In this position you will:
- Provide patient care services using imaging modalities; produce images of the tissues, organs, bones and vessels of the body, as prescribed by physicians, to assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury.
- Operate X-ray generating and related equipment appropriately and in a safe manner, demonstrating competence at all times.
- Prepare and manage patients during exams, adjusting techniques and addressing special needs of the individual patient.
- Obtain relevant histories and clinical indicators for the exam, and pursue additional information relative to the exam to ensure effective imaging.
- Report changes in the patient’s condition to nursing staff.
- Assess level of sedation.
- Utilize immobilization devices safely on patients.
- Clearly explain instructions and directs patient during the procedure.
- Involve parents in the procedure for infants through older children whenever possible.
- Assist patients in order to obtain high quality exam, to include physically maneuvering or lifting patients as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited and approved program for diagnostic radiologic technology
- Currently certified as a Radiologic Technologist (RT State credential) or registered as an X-Ray Technician (XT State credential) in the State of Washington
- Current national registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Registered Technologist (R.T. credential) OR registry-eligible and passing certification exam within 6 months from graduation for continued employment
- Basic Adult and Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 60 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent radiographic experience
- Experience in a clinical setting
- Experience with customer service, computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite) and Electronic Medical Records software
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.