At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Radiologic Technologist with CT experience is responsible for performing technical duties utilizing CT and Radiologic imaging equipment and needed supplies to obtain satisfactory imaging for exams and procedures performed on patients of all ages. These exams include both with and without contrast administration. The Radiologic Technologist with CT experience is also responsible for performing clerical duties specific to all areas of the Imaging Services Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Utilizes all electronic systems effectively and appropriately.
- Assists with clerical duties.
- Demonstrates the required technical knowledge to perform quality imaging for all diagnostic and CT exams and procedures while providing quality patient care and safety. This includes exams and procedures with and/or without contrast administration.
- Performs quality imaging appropriate to patients of all ages and conditions.
- Assures appropriate patient identification is performed and indication and history for exam is documented.
- Ensures patient and family education is accomplished as appropriate and according to department policies.
- Arrives at work on time and in assigned work station.
- Follows corporate, hospital, department, ACR, state and federal regulations, policies, procedures and directives
- Interacts in a positive and constructive manner with everyone
- Can prioritize and multitask
- Minimum of 1 year acute care hospital experience or equivalent in both CT and Radiology.
- Current CRT license for the State of California required
- Current ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification required
- California Fluoroscopy permit required
- Current American Heart Association BLS card required
- Current ARRT certification for CT required after 1 year