As the Radiology Office Coordinator you will:
- Supervise the front desk and scheduling of staff in Radiology Department
- Facilitate the needs and work flow of staff radiologists, referring physicians, residents and other medical personnel who present in the radiology reading area.
- Facilitate training and problem resolution for all radiology information systems when presented by radiologists, referring physicians, residents and other medical personnel.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the radiology reading area regardless of distractions
- Be responsible for the follow-through of all tasks and for telephone contact within the radiology department, hospital and routing of external telephone calls
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards and reinforces through his/her actions the policies and procedures of the Radiology Department and the Hospital.
- Possesses the skills and abilities normally associated with an individual having an Associate's Degree in management
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership ability.
- Requires advance knowledge of Microsoft applications including the Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access as well as familiarity with EMR systems
- Knowledge of medical terminology and transcription skills are desired.
- Ability to read, generate, edit, and proof business correspondence including the preparation of comprehensive reports required by Radiology Department Director
- Must have excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail