Join our team and be part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments!
We are seeking a Radiologic Tech Assistant to:
- Assist members of the patient care team and provide a broad range of health care services such as: patient check-in, exam review, preparation for the visit, patient education, assistance with exams and procedures, and patient transporting.
- Train and learn to use a wide variety of radiographic equipment, computers, and software.
Minimum - High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred - Associate’s degree in relevant field.
Minimum - Prior experience in healthcare or customer service.
Preferred - One (1) year relevant experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - CPR certification required within three (3) months of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic anatomy preferred.
- Basic knowledge of sterile techniques, universal precautions, OSHA standards and personal radiation protection practices preferred.
- Strong customer service and verbal/written communication skills.
- Effective oral and written professional communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors at all times.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to comply with all HIPAA requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with patients, families, healthcare professionals and external vendors.
- Capable of demonstrating flexibility with demands of external/internal customers placed on operating functions of the department.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical ability to lift and position patients and assist with patient transfers utilizing beds or stretchers.
- Understands/Demonstrates the UW Health mission, vision and values throughout job performance.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
50% FTE, 20 hours per week. Scheduled shifts for this position will be Monday - Friday day/evening shifts with rotating weekends required. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.