Click here to view our state-of-the-art facility.
We are looking for medical professionals who are just as passionate as we are about providing the best medical care in the safest environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Whether you're a seasoned healthcare professional or just starting out, a career at UMC places you at the center of a dynamic community of providers, learners and staff with a singular focus on patient-centric care. We offer a state-of-the-art facility with breakthrough technology, and professionals committed to helping our community become healthier.
POSITION SUMMARY: The focus of this job is to facilitate patient care throughout the radiology department, assisting the technologists with job duties needing to be performed that do not have to be performed by a technologist, nurse, or other licensed healthcare professional.
- Transport patients throughout radiology, including possibly to and from ED or inpatient units.
- Facilitate getting patients dressed for examinations
- Assist patients off and on the examination tables
- Set up rooms for examinations or procedures
- Stock supplies and linen
- Answer telephone, taking messages and returning calls when instructed
- Work as a receptionist when needed, greeting patients at the front desk.
- Burn Images to CD’s or upload CD’s to pacs.
- Identify orders in epic, coordiante with technologist and radiologists when protocols are needed for examination. Check current lab values on patients receiving contrast.
- Obtain vital signs.
- Obtain venous access for contrast injections.
- Maintains exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and employees
- Strictly adheres to the hospital policy on body substance isolation, Demonstrates safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department and hospital protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff.
- Recognizes emergent situations and responds appropriately. Calls codes as needed.
Required: High school graduate or equivalent. Training and/or enrollment in a Radiologic Technology program, preferred.
Heart Saver or Basic Life Support, Preferred.
Skills: Successful candidates must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and provide exceptional customer service.
Physical Demands: Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
UMC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law