Granite County Medical Center
POSITION: Radiology Technician On-Call
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Radiology Department Director
SUMMARY OF WORK: The Radiology Technician On-Call is responsible for performing diagnostic imaging examinations on patients as orders by Providers. The Radiology Technician On-Call provides direct patient care and is responsible for maintaining excellent customer service at all times. The Radiology Technician On-Call participates in the Radiology On-Call schedule to ensure 24/7 radiology coverage at all times.
Nature of Work: This position performs radiology related tasks in an indoor environment during normal business hours and scheduled on-call time of GCMC. Work required being available at all time per on call schedule. This may require being called in at all hours of the day. Information handled by this position is sensitive in nature and confidentiality is required.
Personal Contacts: Contact with the public occurs on a continuing basis through telephone and personal visits. Coordination with fellow staff on a regular basis is required for optimal delivery of patient/resident care services.
Supervision Received: Supervision is provided on a daily/weekly basis through face-to-face meetings, email, telephone and written memos.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Greets radiology patients, completes required documentation and acquires images as ordered by the Provider and within the scope of certification.
2. Documents radiology tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Completes all documentation and tasks necessary to obtain radiologist interpretation of diagnostic images in a timely manner.
4. Operated the computerized equipment to take the images and process them.
5. Manages preventative maintenance for radiology and related equipment.
6. Protects the patient by shielding exposed areas that do not need to be imaged.
7. Maintains compliance with HIPAA regulations at all times.
8. Be available to GCMC per the on-call schedule.
Secondary Job Duties:
1. Actively participates in staff meetings, provides suggestions for quality improvement, assists in implementation of solutions.
2. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administrator.
Meet all health requirements required by law. Excellent communication skills. Excellent clinical skills, computer skill, and knowledge of radiology technique. Ability to work well under pressure, establish priorities and adapt to change.
Experience/Knowledge/Education/Specialized Training Required:
1. Minimum certification as a limited permit holder for radiology.
2. Healthcare CPR-Trained within the past two years.
3. Minimum 1 year of radiology experience in a healthcare setting.
4. Ability to comply with HIPPA regulations.
Material/Equipment Directly Used:
Radiology equipment, two-way radio, telephone pager, fax/copier/word processor/printer. Must have the knowledge to operated a computer.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
1. Balance as required to maintain physical equilibrium to prevent falling of self, others, or of objects being carried.
2. Able to stand and sit for extended periods of time. Able to walk and use stairs.
3. Able to reach, stoop, kneel, push/pull, lift, and crouch. Have fine motor ability, adequate for manipulating small objects successfully.
4. Able to feel, hear, see, smell, and speak.
5. Will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions.
6. Ability to perform essential function of the jobs with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Manual dexterity in order to operate relevant equipment.
8. Ability to lift up to 5 0 pounds using appropriate techniques.
9. Tasks and procedures performed are at high risk for blood borne pathogen exposure.