The Radiology Technologist Assistant performs a wide variety of routine duties including clerical, technical and patient related functions. The Technologist Assistant is responsible for assisting members of the Diagnostic Imaging patient care team and providing a broad range of health care services such as: patient scheduling and coordinating of procedures, preparation for the exam assistance with exams and procedures, and patient transporting. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Radiology Technologists. The Radiology Technologist Assistant is trained to use a variety of radiographic equipment, computers, and software. The Radiology Technologist Assistant may be assigned to work in a variety of imaging sections and assist multiple radiology modalities and/or clinical services per operational needs. The incumbent must be able to resolve conflict and endure the pressures associated with a constantly changing work environment.
The Radiology Technical Assistant will assist the Technologists with all clerical and clinical duties. They assist team members to ensure that patients are provided with quality care efficiently. They will assist the Lead Technologists and Director of Diagnostic Imaging in the completion of any data collect, monitoring and reporting and all delegated duties.
Reports to: Director of Diagnostic Imaging
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Set up and prepare rooms and equipment for clinical exams.
- Assists with implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Completes all clerical duties as directed, including the importing and copying of records, logging of exam and status changes within the Meditech information system.
- Will assist Technologist with the positioning, maneuvering and completion of all clinical exams.
- Seeks guidance when needed, consulting with Technologist and/or other personnel as needed.
- Monitors and maintains all the equipment in the Diagnostic Imaging Department as directed.
- Will work with the Imaging staff to achieve department goals and objectives for budget, clinical quality and patient satisfaction. Works with other departments and staff to achieve hospital and departmental goal and objectives. Identifies and participates in implementation of opportunities for improvement in all aspects of operations.
- Performs all office duties, such as maintaining logs, records, answering phones QC/QA reports, relaying information between coworkers and ensuring completion before end of the shift.
- Stocks room and put away supplies on a daily basis. Also, informs Lead/Supervisor of any low stock.
- Assists Imaging staff with compliance of TJC/IDPH and annual IEMA surveys.
- Accepts and completes all additional duties that may be assigned.
- Must be flexible with scheduling, accepting additional hours and/or different shifts as they may be required. Will be required to float between both campuses as needed.
- Assists as directed in scheduling and prepping patients for exams.
- Performs EKG testing as required.
- Supports the Mission and Vision of RML Specialty Hospital by demonstrating RML's Core Values of Service, Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Stewardship (STAIRS) in all actions. Promotes a positive patient/customer experience by exemplifying the principles of the Language of Caring in all interactions with patients, families and coworkers.
- Will rotate through weekend, on-call and holiday schedule as required.
- Will ensure pager/ in house phones are in good working order and in their possession at start of shift and on-call shift as required.
- Will adhere to and ensure compliance with standards of care, standards of practice and policies and procedures of RML Specialty Hospital.
- Will communicate in a clear and positive manner with all coworkers on daily bases.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & CHARACTERISTICS
Skills & Abilities
License & Certifications