We Are Hiring
Radiology Technologist - Float Staffing 002 – PRN / Rotating Schedule
· 2001 West 86th St – Indianapolis, IN 46260
· Rotating Shifts (Days, Evenings, Nights) working when the need is.
· 8 or 12 hour Shifts based on need, and availability.
· 1 year of experience unless applicant is coming out of a St Vincent Rad Tech Program.
· CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and / or Rad Tech experience.
· Availability to travel (inside Indianapolis and surrounding areas).
Traveling Regions & Preferences:
· Central, Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western
· Availability to cover at least 2 Regions.
· All Regions include Indianapolis (86th St) campus.
Rad Tech Options:
· Anywhere from 24 Hours a Pay Period (Pay Period = 2 weeks) to 80 hours a Pay Period with increasing Pay Rates for more hours worked.
Keywords: Rad Tech, RT, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, PRN, Travel
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)