Performs various types of diagnostic X-ray procedures; adjusts x-ray equipment settings; determines proper voltage and exposure; positions patient.
- Collects relevant information regarding patient identification, procedure, appropriateness for indicated signs and symptoms, pregnancy status, patient preparation, contraindications, safety screenings, and patient assessment.
- Analyzes information to safely and accurately provide care according to established policies, protocols and guidelines for patient safety.
- Provides patient education by explaining procedures and giving instructions at a level the patient can understand. Addresses patient’s questions and concerns. Verifies patient informed consent (procedure, contrast and radiopharmaceutical) when indicated. Refers questions about outcomes, diagnosis, treatment or prognosis to patient’s physician. Provides appropriate information to individuals involved in the patient’s care.
- Performs exam accurately by following the policies and procedures.
- Evaluates the patient study in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner to determine if the intended outcome was achieved.
- Documents all required components of patient care.
- Accurately performs quality control procedures to maintain regulatory standards and accrediting requirements. Adheres to equipment safety standards and identifies and appropriately reports variances and concerns.
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position based on the following criteria:
Primary – required (routine) to do the job;
Education/Experience: Graduated from accredited Radiological Technologist Program RT (R) required; computerized axial tomography (CT) experience preferred; knowledge of general radiology and practice required.
Certificates and Licenses: Registered ARRT; Current Kansas state radiology licensure within 90 days and may require additional state licensure based on population served; BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first 30 days of employment.