Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
The Registered Radiology Technologist performs medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician in an urgent care setting. This position works as part of a specialized team that is trained in the recognition and treatment of urgent to emergent patients.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Is sensitive to the patients needs throughout the procedure. Sufficiently explains to the patient and family the procedure about to be performed in order to facilitate cooperation and alleviate patient anxiety. Addresses any patient concerns.
- Performs radiologic exams that produce quality images and ensures patient and staff safety. Accomplishes this by following proper protocols, correct patient positioning, appropriate and effective use of equipment, and adherence to radiation protection and guidelines.
- Completes the Medical Assistant (MA) Competency Checklist within 90 days of hire and performs the function of an MA as required in the urgent care setting.
- Recognizes emergent patient situations and responds quickly and appropriately.
- Quickly prioritize tasks in a frequently changing environment.
- Works quickly and efficiently with a diverse patient population, from neonate to geriatric.
- Utilizes sterile technique when performing invasive procedures.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Coordinates patient care and communicate pertinent information to other patient care providers following procedure.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures that supplies and equipment are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Pursues individual education and career development opportunities, emphasizing those for new procedures and equipment.
- As appropriate, assists and instructs students and other Radiology Techs in exam protocols, procedures, positioning, and equipment.
- Entry Rate: $21.27
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: On Call/ PRN- Float position so will work 0 - 40 hours a week depending on demand. Must be willing and able to work any of the 7 days of the week, including rotating weekends and holidays. Must be able to work 13 hour shifts. Must be flexible to come in to cover for "day of" sick calls. Must be willing and able to drive and work in Cache and Weber county InstaCares.
- Department: Logan Clinic- Instacare
- Additional Details:Must be willing to perform clinical responsibilities such as triage, phlebotomy, lab testing, assist with procedures, and other clinical duties.
- ARRT registration.
- Current Rad Tech license in state of practice (if working in Utah).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- IV certification.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.nder identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, July 29, 2019