An operating group of The Andersons, Inc., the Rail Group ranks seventh among privately-owned fleets in the U.S. It provides a variety of services to the rail industry including fleet management, leasing, repair and custom fabrication.
The Rail Group repairs, sells, manages, and leases a fleet of 24,000+ various types of railcars and locomotives. It also provides repair, maintenance and component manufacturing services to private railcar owners through its 24 repair shops and steel fabrication facility.
This position is responsible for inspecting inbound and outbound equipment and preparing estimates for repair work.
- Inspect and document inbound and outbound equipment in an accurately and timely manner
- Prepare and provide estimates to customers, meeting all Association of American Railroad (AAR) requirements
- Provide inspection services for The Andersons' rail car leasing
- Monitor and communicate all changes to industry standards
- Provide customer service to both internal and external customers
- Prepare and coordinate billing of assigned area
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Completes a variety of atypical assignments
- Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
- Works with a limited degree of supervision
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Associate's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years' relevant experience required
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .