Location Name: Martinez, CA
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 150 Solano Way, Martinez, CA, United States (US), 94553
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
- Supports many organizations within the company surrounding the sale and procurement of products via rail.
- Monitors and manages railcar movements for an assigned group of products.
- Manages railcar inventories in assigned rail storage yards.
- Assists in the development of the Rail budgets.
- Manages relationships with internal stakeholders regarding rail items.
- Manages relationships with railroads to discuss performance and operational adjustments.
- Accumulates information from marketing, refining, lab, outside customers and railroad personnel to make appropriate railcar selections. Required to make individual decisions after acquiring all relevant and at times limited information.
- Reviews and closely monitors for changes in rail product loading requirements and coordinates with refinery and railroad personnel to ensure proper scheduling and placement of empty and loaded cars.
- Prepares bills of lading and switch lists for railroad crews. Designates proper DOT description and class on the bill and forwards to serving railroad.
- Forward looking, efficiently choosing proper railcars from local and remote storage for individual customer and company needs. Manage and maintains railcar inventory to ensure refinery demands are met and embargos are avoided.
- Schedules most efficient work schedule for railroad switching crew.
- Uses critical thinking skills to make abrupt changes to work flow as information and situational changes dictate. Coordinates with stakeholders on railcar changes.
- Cognizant of individual internal and external customer requirements and fulfills these requirements in a timely manner.
- Ships railcars to outside customers and distributes critical feed stocks throughout the Company refining system.
- Co-ordinates day-to-day rail car repairs with local repair shops.
- Conduct Rail Attendant duties for multiple locations simultaneously.
- Reviews product quality limits to assure release requirements are met prior to shipping.
- Forecast rail plan and issues to refinery for scheduling operators at rail and truck racks.
- Provides necessary reporting and metrics on rail shipments while ensuring system data integrity.
- Responsible for coordinating weekly rail calls across organization.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.