Rail Service Technician
The Rail Technician will provide rail and technical services for our transportation and commercial clients. This includes service of freight, commuter and transit lifting equipment for railcar and locomotive applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Provide rail and technical services for our transportation clients. This will include hands-on transportation repairs, supervision of site personnel and contractors.
- Hands-on repairs and supervision of site personnel.
- Providing customer support for transportation parts and installation orders
- Assists engineers in developing transportation project drawings and technical reports
- Preparing required reports and administrative paperwork
- Accompanying rail sales personnel for occasional calls and follow-ups
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Mechanical experience with gear reducers and drive systems a plus
- Prior transportation installation and repair experience preferred
- Frequent travel within a 4-hour radius required.
- Occasional overnight travel outside of the region may be required.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Strong communication skills
- HS diploma or GED required
The applicant(s) for the above job opening(s) will be hired regardless of race, color, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, handicapped or veteran status.