Wilson & Company is currently seeking experienced railroad professionals for Roadway Worker in Charge (RWIC) positions in various locations in the western half of the country to perform railroad flagging duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate with the Field Operations Manager on schedule and location of projects.
- Coordinate with railroad personnel on the specific type of on-track safety required.
- Coordinate with train crews for the safe passage of trains through the limits of protection.
- Perform daily job safety briefings at the start of the workday and as other circumstances warrant to all personnel at the job site.
- Must be able to be a good communicator and safety conscience.
- Must learn, follow, implement, and enforce railroad roadway worker safety criteria and policies.
- Must understand different types of on-track safety and limitations of each type of protection.
- Audit contractor compliance with specific railroad safety and training requirements.
- Computer skills.
- Must be able to complete and submit daily reports on the work activities performed.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the territory and railroad operations the project is located in.
- Pre-employment drug screening is required.
- Position is subject to random drug screening.
- Must locate to the project sites. Travel is required.
- Paid classroom and on-the-job field training.
- Paid bonus upon the successful completion of the classroom and field training.
- Longevity bonus and compensation increases provided.
- Successful completion of NARS Maintenance of Way Operating Rules Course.
- Successful completion of FRA mandated 40 hour classroom Maintenance of Way Operating Rules Course for other Class I railroads.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience as Employee in Charge and flagging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with Class I maintenance-of-way operating procedures.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.