Cargo Ramp and Warehouse Agent - Alliance Ground International
Play a key role in the logistics and distribution of cargo as either a Ramp Agent with Alliance Ground International. These full-time positions include benefits, overtime pay, and multiple cross-training opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Alliance Ground International provides airline cargo handling services to 55 airlines at thirteen airports: Atlanta, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Kansas City, LaGuardia, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York JFK, Orlando, Salt Lake City and San Francisco. AGI is looking for reliable, flexible, respectful, and hardworking individuals to join their fast growing team as a Ramp Agent. This opportunity would be supporting their three cargo terminals located at O'Hare International Airport.
Cargo Ramp Agent Responsibilities
- Load and unload cargo on aircraft
- Performs duties on the runway based upon the needs of the client you are assigned
- Operate motorized towing tractors
- Connect and operate ground support equipment
- Communicate effectively with all teammates and other runway personnel
Warehouse Agent Responsibilities
- Load and unload freight from trucks
- Performs duties within the warehouse based upon the needs of the client you are assigned
- Breakdown freight from pallets to be re-positioned for final destination using pallet jacks and forklifts
- Tie-down freight onto pallets
- Push and lift freight by hand
Salary and Benefit Information
- $14.10 per hour, plus overtime pay available after 40 hours (not mandatory)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Holiday pay (eligible after 6 months' tenure)
- Cross training and career growth opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Requirements and Qualifications
- 18+ years of age
- Valid Illinois Driver's License (Ramp and Service agent )
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must be able to routinely lift/move up to 70 lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Warehouse or general labor experience a plus
Location - 836 Patton Driver, Chicago IL (Warehouse complex located at the south end of O'Hare International Airport)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland's Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.