Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01296692 Date posted 03/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a unique opportunity for a Rapid Prototype Casting Lab Senior Quality Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
- Maintain quality management system in investment casting facility
- Work with engineering to introduce new processes and new parts into development and production
- Review and approve work instructions to ensure compliance with governing procedures and drawing requirements
- Work with and provide training to the inspection workforce as required
- Develop and implement standard work for dimensional quality processes
- Ensure lean principals are implemented to ensure delivery of quality product and customer satisfaction
- Technical interface with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Develop internal and external sources for quality inspection
- Coordinate all products through sources to maintain an integrated process for advanced hardware from tooling and casting patterns to delivered product
- Work with dimensional inspectors to maintain and optimize existing processes and develop and implement improved processes
- Collaborate with Core QA personnel to ensure product delivery and to ensure systems are compliant to AS9100 Certification and East Hartford Production Certificate
- Work closely with Product Engineers to qualify tooling and fixtures for products
- Focal point for First Article Inspections and approvals
- Travel may be up to 10%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, aerospace, and/or quality areas
- Ability to interpret product requirements and implement appropriate compliance controls
- Ability to compile and statistically analyze dimensional data
- Familiarity with investment cast Dimensional inspection and Qualification processes
- Understanding of conventional, columnar, and single crystal product and processes
- Desire to work in a dynamic manufacturing environment and the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice
- Experience in the aerospace or industrial gas turbine investment casting industry
- Familiarity with P&W Quality Systems and Procedures
- CMM operation and programming experience
- Solid organizational and communicational skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms