Create new application ideas for ITS (intelligent transportation system) technology and show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping.
This includes some of the following:
- Create new end-to-end HMI for driver assistant systems and conduct both in-lab and in-vehicle test.
- HMI is all modalities (visual, audio, or haptic) that is appropriate for the concept.
- Identify opportunities for concept(s) and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Perform vehicle retrofits with new technologies, electrical wiring, mechanical installation, and control.
- Technology scouting for new applications, novelty or unique ideas to improve safety.
- Collaborate with device vendors, universities, and/or other internal departments for building new prototype application.
- Participate in internal or external brainstorming sessions to generate new application ideas.
- Conduct test drive for application tuning or debugging.
- Old platform is C and new is C# or Android
Must Have Skillsets:
- General knowledge of how to design and create graphics, audio, or haptic human interfaces.
- Application knowledge in any one of C, C++, C#, Java, or Python. Preference is C# or Android.
- Experienced with QT.
- General engineering experimental and analytical skills using common tools.
- Human factors engineering, ergonomics engineering, engineering psychology, computer science, information engineering, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, computer engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering
- CS Degree
- Programming Android platform
- Is able to build multi-threaded applications on Windows: .NET, WPF, WinForms, Animations, Gaming platforms, Unity, OF, or Mono. OpenGL, DirectX, device drivers’ encapsulation, XML.
- Cross-platform experience such as Xamarin, OF. Familiar with Arduino, NetDuino, haptics, and auditory devices, TCP/IP, UDP.
- Psychological research or human factor/ergonomics knowledge.
- Ability to interface devices at hardware, software, and control level within vehicle. Example: able to wire-harnesses and route wiring between control devices to graphical, audio, or haptic devices, design and build simple in-car mounting fixtures, vehicle CAN interface.
- Able and eager to quickly learn in all these ways: by searching, reading, example, trial and error.
- Willing to travel (probably no more than once every two months in duration of couple of days).
- Willing to work long hours on occasions.
Type: 1+ year contract
Location: Ann Arbor, MI