The Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)/ Cath Lab Technician performs a variety of cardiac/peripheral diagnostic and interventional procedures, therapeutic and patient care tasks for patients with cardiac/peripheral disease using radiological sciences. Tasks performed include scrubbing, monitoring, and circulating for procedures, radiographic imaging, manipulation of equipment, use of intra-aortic balloon pump, insertion of basic cardiac pacemakers, generator changes, and linq insertions, cardioversions, hemodynamic monitoring and recording, patient preparation and post procedure care (procedure room and holding area), procedure room set up and cleaning, and quality monitoring.
**30 minute on call response time required**
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiovascular Science or school of Radiation Technology, or have successfully obtained RCIS or RRT registries.
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), Registered Radiology Technician (RRT) with Cardiovascular experience and 2 years invasive cardiology or interventional radiology experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated written communication skills, required
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills, required
- Effective interpersonal skills, required
- Ability to work as part of a team, required
- Knowledge of medical terminology, required
- Ability to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality. , required
- Demonstrated analytical skills, required
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions, required
- Service-oriented, required
- Excellent organizational skills, required
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities, required
- Competency in the use of a variety of computer hardware and software systems., required
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
Successful completion of cardiac arrhythmia interpretation course, upon hire, required