POSITION: Re-engagement Specialist
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
LOCATION: Inwood Health Center
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Re-Engagement Specialist will be responsible for assertive engagement of Behavioral Health patients who are lost to care, or who are at risk of becoming lost to care. The Re-Engagement Specialist will assist in conducting outreach activities such as creating and answering telephone encounters, sending correspondence to patients, and maintaining proper documentation to satisfy agency�s policy and procedures.
� Conduct outreach through live calls or mail to locate patients who may need additional support and services to retain patient in care.
� Document and maintain clinical records in a manner that assures compliance with all agency policy and procedures. Maintains accurate and up to date documentation as required by the department of Health.
� Assist outreached patients with prompt follow up appointments to efficiently engage them in care.
� Coordinate patient care within interdisciplinary team. Refer and connect patients to appropriate service providers.
- Manages time and other resources to meet established goals within the agreed upon time frames.
- Display professional courtesy at all times and maintains customer services attitudes.
- Assist mental health coordinator with medical records retrievals, scanning, discharge and coordination of clinic flow where indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in a variety of circumstances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Outreach experience necessary. Strong verbal, written, and communication skills. Should demonstrate good judgment of safety and confidentiality issues. Should be reliable, punctual, and take initiative when appropriate.