MortgageHippo is bringing mortgage lending into modern times, where we make processes seamless and intuitive and leverage data instead of paper to maximize efficiency. We offer mortgage lenders consumer-centric, cloud-based platforms that provide a seamless and compelling digital mortgage experience.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams where Engineering partners closely with Product to deliver optimal solutions to our clients and their customers. UX is at the core of our value proposition, not an afterthought. Our tech stack is React + GraphQL, Rails, and PostgreSQL delivered via an AWS infrastructure.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- You will work with smart and creative people who are passionate about solving tough problems.
- We give you opportunities in line with your talents and aspirations. We value your passions and interests.
- We encourage some amount of full-stack development for all team members, which means learning something new every day.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Talk to us about compensation including competitive salary and stock options.
- We offer a flexible schedule policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Our ideal new team member will be a mid-level front-end developer who has extensively used React on production applications. If you are a senior developer, we are interested, as well!
You must have:
- computer science or similar educational background
- 2+ years of front-end development experience
- minimum 1 year experience with React on a real-world product
IT'S A PLUS IF YOU:
- have worked in the Fintech/Mortgage Industry in a technical role
- are a full-stack developer (Ruby on Rails)
- have worked at a tech startup
- Work with the senior team to help maintain our current platforms and build new ones
- Have exposure to technologies such as GraphQL, Apollo, Styled-Components, AWS, micro-services etc.
- Work with reasonable people who know their stuff
- Report to the lead developer
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
As needed to visit clients, Chicago headquarters or attend conferences, up to 5%.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Access to 401k
- Competitive compensation (based on professional experience)
- Results Driven
- Fast Learner
- Communication Proficiency
Job Classification: Exempt